I was tagged by the lovely Samboy to share 10 random things about me! I'm excited....and it will help me get rid of those 2 ugly posts below which I do not want to see anymore.
1. I like to think that I have my own style, which I love! But sometimes I get to thinking about trends and wonder if I come up with any of my own ideas, or if they are just subconsciously planted in my brain through TV, magazines, the internet, etc? For example, Ray Banner sunglasses have been pretty hot this past while, but I swear I bought a pair from le Chateau months before I saw anyone else with them. I even wore them and then got tired of them and stopped. Then all of a sudden it seemed like everyone was effing wearing them!? This thought often stops me mid purchase and makes me wrack my brain as to whether I truly like it or not.
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my all time favorite show. I own all the seasons and have probably watched them 8 times through. I love everything about it, the cast, the characters, the story lines, the fight scenes, the comic relief, the love stories, the heart, and everything else that makes that show what it is. Oh, and my MAJOR crush on Spike doesn't hurt.
3. I have an irrational fear of flying in an airplane, or aerophobia. (Aerophobia: An abnormal and persistent fear of flying) Last time I went on a plane it was on a trip to California for my sister Erica's wedding. We had 3 landings and take offs for the way down, and two on the way back. By the end of it I was still horrid. On the first take off I had to hold my dads hand and I had tears in my eyes.
4. I can speak English and French, but am rubbish at learning languages now...I tried to learn Spanish in a university class and totally gave up and dropped it. It was too hard and awkward! I wish I could speak lots and lots of languages, I find them fascinating and beautiful. I also really enjoy watching subtitled movies. Swedish is one of my favorite languages...it is mesmerizing.
5. Some songs make me dance, always, even if I am in the most public place where dancing is extremely foolish and inappropriate. Here is a short list of some songs that possess me these days:
Fire Burning - Sean Kingston (listening to it right now, and am dancing in my desk chair)
Pokerface - Lady Gaga
Call On Me - Eric Prydz
Summer Girls - The Stereos
Swing - Savage
Cotton Eye Joe
Believe - Cher
Sexy Chick - David Guetta ft Akon
Crank Dat - Soulja Boi
Starstrukk [Remix] - 3OH!3 ft Katy Perry
6. I can't remember a relationship I was in that I didn't cheat on the person, and I have been "the other women" more than once. I have serious issues with monogamy, and sometimes I think it is better to not have a monogamous relationship. It's complicated and confusing and probably only makes sense to me, so I won't even try to explain myself.
I think that I'm just this kind of person that won't be satisfied until they meet the person their going to marry. And then I will be, and I'll be grown up, and I'll be ready. I also have a firm belief and desire to someday get married and have a family and a wonderful marital relationship.
7. My two front teeth are fake! I got them knocked out when I was young when me and a friend were throwing rocks into the stream in my backyard. Lee swung her hand back and smacked me in the mouth with the rock she was holding. My mom and Lee were both crying and but I didn't cry. It didn't really hurt and I didn't realize at the time what it would mean exactly. Well now I know! Years of having temporary caps fall off at random times in my life and having to walk around snaggle toothed for a day or two, multiple emergency trips to the dentist to get new ones stuck on. Finally ending when I was 18 with the application of permanent porcelain verniers. Now my teeth are different, and they'll be that way forever. Isn't that a weird thought? Just imagine all of a sudden you have different looking front teeth then what you have had your whole adult life. WEIRD!
8. Sneakers are my passion. I wear them all year round! I would rather wear sneakers then cute flats, or practical winter boots. I cannot wear heels if my life depended on it, they hurt me soooooooo bad, no matter how slimming they make your ankle look! I also am the pickiest sneaker buyer on the planet. It literally takes me weeks, sometimes months to buy a new pair. I have to go through every shop, check out everything. Most of the time I will do all that and not end up buying anything because I am so damn particular. Not only with looks, but with fit. So I'll end up keeping on wearing my old pair, even if they are full of holes, ripped, stinky and all around destroyed. I have owned only about 5 pairs of sneakers in my life that I really enjoyed. The pair that I bought on this past weekend are one of them. I am wearing them right now and I love love LOOOVE them! I tried to look up a pic online but there are just too many Adidas out there.
9. I'm 5'11. TALLLLLLL!!! and I love it.
10. I drive a motorcycle and I wish I could drive it all year round <3. Mine is a 650 Suzuki GS '84, but I really want to buy a sport bike when the opportunity is best.
THAT TOOK SO LONG. It's hard to think of random things about yourself, cuz to you, they're not really random, they're just you.
My turn to TAG 5 people!
I piiiiiiiiiiiiiick, the people I think most likely to do it, or that I want to force to do it, or that I think will pass it along, cuz it's fuuuuuuuuuuun:
Tmo (even though I think she is a slacker blogger because she hasn't written in a week! hint hint)
Make Your Own Shibori Kitchen Towels
3 hours ago