Saturday, June 9, 2012

My first week

My first week at work is dooooone. Let me tell you, working full time SUCKS. I don't mean working a summer job to make money and then going back to school in the fall. I mean the prospect that the rest of your entire life until you are an old lady will be dedicated to working 80% of the time. It is not fun.

My co-workers and work are exactly what I imagined. Steady, pleasant and mostly dull. I sit beside a Polish man and he is very nice, so that's something. Also they supply us with free Second Cup coffee. I have never consumed coffee before and this week alone I probably had atleast 6 cups. The flavored stuff is gooood.

Edmonton is big and busy and dirty and intimidating and I miss everything and everyone in Fredericton. Thank goodness my sister is here that's all I have to say. Ikea is not as exciting as everyone says it is. I bought a new dresser there and it took me 4 days to get it all together and one trip to the Home Depot.

We'll see how the weekend goes

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

hahahaha IKEA!

I feel sorry that you will have to work at an engineer firm your whole life - ie that you will have to listen to sports conversations all the time.

:)

Robyn M. said...

It is sucky but don't think of it like its the rest of your life, cause you can do whateva the fuck you want :) Even if it is just travelling different places to do engineering, you'll figure out something that works for you. Just get the skills, cause technically you aren't done yet( if I'm recalling properly from our convos) Also the longer your in a city the more comfortable you'll feel, and the more it will feel like home. It takes time. I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...