Thursday, January 24, 2013

I am ranting about


OKAY – Does anyone else get extremely irritated when they are “shushed” by someone?  This has to be one of my greatest pet peeves.  And I mean greatest.  Right up there with people who stand too close to you in the lineup at the grocery store.  I think even worse actually.  Let’s just say that I think I can pinpoint every person that has ever done it to me in the span of my memory.  And for all you people who shushed me when I was a baby, well you’re getting off easy.

First of all, realize that it is rude.  Realize you just sound like an asshole like someone who thinks they are so much better, more mature, more appropriate.  No, I take it back. You do sound like an asshole. ‘Uptight’ is probably the nicest description I can give.

Second, it is a huge buzzkill for someone who is excited or enthusiastic about something. Basically it’s like, sorry you aren’t allowed to be that pumped up about something. In this society, you must snap instead of clap and fight only using your eyes. Why would you ever want to stomp on someone like that? I love getting excited about things. I wish more things made me that excited!

Thirdly, just don’t do it. It is the worst.  Polite “shushing” is ok and definitely sometimes necessary, but it is a fine, fine line doing it nicely and doing it in a condescending way. If you’ve ever “shhh’d” someone in your life, think about it.  And check yo self.

The reason why I am writing about this is because it happened to me today, and it was someone who I consider a good friend who did it to me, and do I ever currently want to punch them in the face. We were out to lunch and I am a loud person (I will be the first to vouch to that) but we were at a pub where there is no issue ever with speaking volume, and I was actually talking quite normally at the time. What does my friend lean in and say to me? He says: “Tyler, why are you yelling?” And not in a polite, quiet, joking, only to me kind of way.  It was in a rude and snotty, snide remark way.

Really.

REALLY.

So there I am feeling like an ass hat since I was apparently talking too loudly and now I can't remember what I was even saying because I have been dwindled down to a small child getting told off by their parents. OH wait, you're not my dad. Fuck you! You ruined my lunch and thinking about it now is still pissing me off. 

*PS when I type in caps, then I'm yelling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...