Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm Coming Home

I am back in my hometown for Christmas vacation! It is so nice to be home. Everything is just falling into place naturally as if I was never gone. The trees are covered in heavy white snow and the small streets are packed with seniors driving 40km/h.

Ah, it's good to be back.

There are a few things that are different however. I am mightily missing a certain individual from Edmonton. When you go from talking and interacting with someone so much to texting only...it sorta sucks. I'll see them soon though. I also no longer have a bedroom here. I am a nomad! I don't so much seem to mind however as much as I thought I would. My room is in Edmonton now.

We still have the same crooked tree here and my lovely fat kitties. I have been home for less then 3 days and already have had a dentist and orthodontist appointment (gross) Seen some of my best friends and stayed out until 5am. I have also eaten garlic fingers. SWEET MOTHERLAND GARLIC FINGERS AND DONAIR SAUCE. West coast, get on that, okay? Seriously.

Tonight my sister arrives and me and her have free run of the house. I have expertly put the Christmas lights up on the tree as always I am the Queen of Tree trimming around here. We'll see if we can't decorate with some bulbs before we fall asleep. Tomorrow morning I will be going to the local Saturday market here where I will proceed to eat my weight in all of my favorite home made foods that I have missed so much. List as follows:

8 trillion samosas
Chinese noodles and wontons
Pork schnitzel
Buffalo burger
Steak on a stick
Spring rolls

I want.

My other sister who is arriving next week has also requested a few things. I will basically be filling a bookbag.

Cheers! Happy early Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...