Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nancy Drew and the Case of the Stinky Roommate

The other day I was home alone and there was this smell in the kitchen. I could not figure out what it was but it was disgusting. And strong. It smelled kind of like rot or mold combined with nose burning bitter sweat.

Not until later that day when I opened the dryer did I finally realize where the smell was coming from. I had previously hidden my laundry detergent because the guys kept using it. Well, seems like Jamie decided to do a huge load without using any soap. Yupp. Washed clothes, underwear and towels together and did not use any laundry soap.

To make it that much worse, the load was so big that our puny dryer couldn't handle it. Therefore Jamie's "clean" clothes were stewing in their own juices half wet for at least 2 days.

S'cuse me while I go puke real quick.

Ok I'm back. Where was I? Right, so, this horrid sweaty burning smell was from all his clothing and towels, and the moldiness was because they were still wet. I piled his shit on the porch as fast as possible and closed the door because it was literally stinking up the house.

The next day I was walking into my bedroom upstairs and I smelled the fucking smell, again. It was now coming from Jamie’s room down the hall. He’d retrieved his clothes from the porch and moved them into his room. I have been sneakily closing his bedroom door ever since to block out the smell.

Today I came home and was about to close his door when I noticed


SUPER SNEAKY stacking CDs just slightly in front of the door to keep it propped open. And if I tried to close it I would have knocked the entire pile over, likely disclosing the fact that I was the one closing the door.

So, I thought I was being sneaky. I guess I wasn’t. Shit. On the plus side the smell coming from his room is now this:



A great improvement. I decided to leave the door ajar.

What a sneaker though, eh. That friggin stack had to be strategically placed. There's no way that was by chance. It's impossible!


Hmmmm, let’s see what else. Oh yes, for the past few days I have come home to this:



Which I promptly switch to this


Much better.

Until next time, Nancy out.

1 comment:

a. said...

that is horrid, does he not buy his own things or feels like he shouldn't and can use his roomies..argh so frustrating and obv. stinky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...